Update on the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act (ARRA) of 2009
Children’s Memorial Hospital, Office of Sponsored Programs, has built this webpage that lists the various funding opportunities as they are released, website links to the federal and state agencies recovery home pages, and postings of important news and updates related to ARRA. (Opportunities whose deadlines have passed will be removed from the list below.)
Recently, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), published a Notice of Intent to begin posting funding opporutnties for Compartive Effectiveness Research funded by ARRA. Some of these postings have already been published and are posted below. For more details about how AHRQ will desigante their ARRA funds, please see http://www.ahrq.gov/fund/cefarra.htm
NIH has also published new ARRA funding opportunties for RC4 mechanisms. They are posted below.
If you are planning on applying any of these grant opportunities, please contact the Office of Sponsored Program Staff below.
Harmony Maple, Director, Office of Sponsored Programs
Colleen Grogan, Associate Director, Office of Sponsored Programs
Tara Massimino, Assistant Director, Office of Sponsored Programs
To ensure you are on our email lists for these funding opportunities, please email Tara Massimino, Assistant Director, Office of Sponsored Programs at
01/10 ARRA Administrative Supplements: Clarification on FY 2010 Applications
01/10 NIH Funding Opportunities and Notices
11/09 AHRQ Posts FAQs for CHOICE Grants
10/09 NIH Population Tracking Requirements for ARRA Awards
08/09 AHRQ Announces Intent to Publish Funding Opportunities for Comparative Effectiveness Research
04/09 NIH Award Terms and Additional Information for Recipients Receiving Recovery Act Grant Funding
RECENT NIH FUNDING OPPORTUNITY ANNOUCNEMENTS FROM ARRA:
• RFA-OD-10-012 Recovery Act Limited Competition: Impact of Decision-Support Systems on the Dissemination and Adoption of Imaging-Related Comparative Effectiveness Findings (UC4)
• RFA-OD-10-010 Recovery Act Limited Competition: Research On Biosamples From Selected Diabetes Clinical Studies (RC4)
• RFA-OD-10-001 Recovery Act Limited Competition: Behavioral Economics for Nudging the Implementation of Comparative Effectiveness Research:
Clinical Trials (RC4)
• RFA-OD-10-002 Recovery Act Limited Competition: Behavioral Economics for Nudging the Implementation of Comparative Effectiveness Research:
Pilot Research (RC4)
• RFA-OD-10-005 Recovery Act Limited Competition: NIH Directors Opportunity for Research in Five Thematic Areas (RC4)
• RFA-OD-10-008 Recovery Act Limited Competition: Comparative Effectiveness Research on Upper Endoscopy in Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease,
Eradication Methods for (MRSA) and Denentia Detection (RC4)
• RFA-OD-10-009 Recovery Act Limited Competition: Methodology Development in Comparative Effectiveness Research (RC4)
RECENT AHRQ FUNDING OPPORTUNITY ANNOUCNEMENTS FROM ARRA:
• RFA-HS-10-013 Recovery Act Limited Competition: Comparative Effectiveness Delivery System Demonstration Grants (R18)
• RFA-HS-10-020 Recovery Act Limited Competition: Enhanced Registries for Quality Improvement and Comparative Effectiveness Research (R01)
• RFA-HS-10-015 Recovery Act Limited Competition: Scalable Distributed Research Networks for Comparative Effectiveness Research (R01)
• PA-10-089 Recovery Act Limited Competition: Prevention and Management of Healthcare Associated Infections (R18)
• RFA-HS-10-012 Recovery Act Limited Competition: Comparative Effectiveness Delivery System Evaluation Grants (R01)
• RFA-HS-10-007 Recovery Act Limited Competition: AHRQ Mentored Clinical Scientists Comparative Effectiveness Development Award (K12)
OTHER USEFUL ARRA WEBSITES
1. The main NIH Recovery Act information page is at http://grants.nih.gov/recovery/faqs_recovery.html
2. Recovery Act of 2009: NIH Review Criteria, Scoring System, and Suspension of Appeals Process
3. The National Institute of General Medical Sciences page is at http://www.nigms.nih.gov/recovery.
4. NIH will post Recovery Act funding opportunities at http://grants.nih.gov/recovery.
5. Specific NIH IC Recovery Webpage Link http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/challenge_award/IC_ChallengeWebPage.htm
6. Agency for Health Care Research and Quality (AHRQ) Recovery Act page is at http://www.ahrq.gov/fund/cefarra.htm
7. National Science Foundation http://nsf.gov/recovery/.
8. Department of Defense http://www.defenselink.mil/recovery/.
9. Department of Energy http://www.energy.gov/recovery/.
10. OMB’s summary implementation guidance to agencies and awardees