Center for Intestinal and Liver Inflammation Research (CILIR)
Mission and Vision Statements
The aim of the center is to promote basic and translational research related to intestinal and liver inflammatory disorders and related complications by strengthening interdepartmental activiites at Children's Memorial Research Center (CMRC) and Children's Memorial Hospital (CMH) and by developing training and outreach programs.
Goals and Objectives
- To provide a central base for integrating efforts on inflammation research with broad horizontal links across divisions and disease processes within CMRC and CMH
- To foster extramural research funding and interdisciplinary collaborations on pediatric intestinal and liver inflammation research
- To provide mentorship to trainees on intestinal and liver inflammation research in both basic research and clinical divisions.
Principal Investigators and Areas of Specialization:
- Jeffrey B Brown, MD - Pathogenesis of Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Isabelle De Plaen, MD - Necrotizing Enterocolitis
- Xiao-Di Tan, MD - Gut Mucosal Injury and Repair
- Barry K Wershil, MD - Esophagitis and Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Peter F Whitington, MD - Liver Injury and Congenital Hemochromatosis