Adults with Allergies/Asthma
Are you an adult who suffers from asthma or allergies? Do you suspect or know that you have an allergy to cockroaches?
We are looking for adults 18–65-years-old who
- have a history of asthma or allergies (such as sneezing or itchy, runny, stuffy nose or itchy, red eyes when not suffering from a cold or flu)
- suspect a cockroach allergy
- are not pregnant or nursing
You will need to come to Children's Memorial Hospital to have a screening skin test to confirm that you are allergic to cockroaches.
- Requires about 1 hour
- If you complete this visit, you will be reimbursed $20 for your time and effort.
If you are allergic, you will be asked to return to Children's Memorial Hospital to have intradermal skin testing within a month of your screening skin test.
- Requires about five hours
- If you complete this visit, you will be reimbursed $250 for your time and effort.
Your participation will help us to measure the strength of commercially available cockroach allergen products.
Principal Investigator is Jacqueline Pongracic, MD
Project Coordinator is Rachelle Lynn, MS
Call 773.327.3701 for more information.
See also Allergy and asthma; Asthma; Asthma; Critical care (Pediatric Intensive Care Unit); Emergency medicine; Food allergies; Pulmonary medicine; Symptoms of asthma; Treatment for asthma; Warning signs; Siblings, Jonathon and Melissa, overcome brain illness
Related health topics/conditions: allergy; asthma