CMRC Stipends - Application Instructions
The completed narrative for the application should be no more than 2 single-spaced typewritten pages in length plus cover sheet. In order, please answer the following specific questions:
(To be written by student)
I. Briefly outline your long-term career goals. Address the following points:
- How will a summer research fellowship help you achieve your aspirations?
- What do you want to get out of the project over the summer?
- Describe how the proposed research will contribute to the achievement of these career goals.
- Describe your role in the proposed project.
- Identify the skills and techniques you wish to acquire.
(To be written by student with the help of the preceptor)
II. Describe the proposed project. Include the following information:
- Outline the rationale/hypothesis for the proposed project.
- Briefly describe what techniques will be used.
- Describe how results will be analyzed.
- Discuss the significance of the project.
- How does the proposed project fit into current paradigms of clinical or scientific knowledge?
(To be written by preceptor)
III. Describe the research environment and how it will enrich the studentís summer research
experience. Include items such as the work environment, seminars he/she will attend, and
opportunities for interaction with other personnel and university researchers. How will the
studentís efforts fit into the current research program?
(To be written by student and preceptor)
IV. Describe student/preceptor interactions. What amount of formal or informal instruction will
you or a member of your group commit to the studentís training and how will this be
accomplished. How will this collaboration result in a meaningful research training
experience for the student?