Adding a Printer
To: CHR User Community
From: Chris De Espinosa, CMRC-IT Desktop Analyst
Date: January 11, 2006
Regarding: Setting Up a Printer
- These instructions are for setting a network printer up on your system.
- These instructions assume that you have permissions to setup a printer on your local workstation.
- If you do not think you have permissions to setup a printer on your local workstation contact CMRC-IT personnel to verify your permission level so that you can complete this procedure on your own.
- If you do not have permissions to setup a network printer on your local workstation CMRC-IT personnel will have assist you in this procedure.
- To start click once on the Start button to bring up the main menu of choices on the computer.
- Locate the Printers and Faxes option and click once on the selection.
- Once the Printers and Faxes window opens up locate the Add a Printer task in the Printer Tasks box.
- Click once on the Add a Printer line.
- The Add a Printer Wizard window will open.
- Click on Next
- Select the “A Network printer. . . “ option.
- Click on Next in the bottom of that window.
- Fill in the button next to the line that starts, “Connect to this printer. . . “
- The box below that line will turn white and a cursor should flash in it.
- If the cursor doesn’t flash in it, click once in the box with the mouse.
- All CHR departmental printers print from the following server, therefore type the following in the line: \\chrappserv\
- Once the backslash is added after the server name the printers attached to the server will list in a drop down box.
- Select the printer by highlighting it and then clicking once on it with the mouse.
- It will fill in the line and once completed click on next.
- You will then be presented with an option to make that printer your default or printer you will mainly print to.
- Only one printer can be your default if you have more than one printer installed
- You will then be told to click on Finish once the driver programming is completed downloading and installed.
- You can repeat the process for adding more printers.
- Under normal circumstances the Oce OP33 printers are the default printers at the 1731 Marcey location and HP5p printer is the default selection at CMRC.
- The HP 4600 Color laser is never to be the default printer.
- A full printer compliment at 1731 Marcey is as follows: Oce OP33 (primary), Oce OP33 (backup) HP 4600 Color Laser, HP 4100 Black Laser, HP 4050 Black Laser