CHR PTO/Out of Office Calendar
To: All Smith/CHR Staff accessing CHR PTO Calendar under Outlook’s Public Folders
From: CMRC-IT authored by C. De Espinosa
Re: CHR PTO Calendar Policy and Procedure
Date: August 6, 2004
Date line Information
- August 26, 2004: Policy and Purpose
- August 26, 2004: This policy and procedure applies to all members of the CHR Staff who have access to the CHR PTO Calendar under the public folders of Outlook.
- August 26, 2004: The purpose of this policy and procedure is to define the calendars purpose and how it is to be used.
- August 26, 2004: The purpose of this calendar is to notify members of the CHR community of an individual’s absence and no other purpose.
- August 26, 2004: Location and Accessibility
- August 26, 2004: The calendar is located in the following folder in Outlook: Public Folders\All Public Folders\CHR\Calendars\PTO/Out of Office Calendar.
- August 26, 2004: If the calendar is not available/accessible please contact either CHR’s Desktop Analyst or an CMH-IM Email Administrator to setup access.
- August 26, 2004: There are three types of accessibility to this calendar: “Owner” or those people that can set up calendars and grant rights to them – CHR’s Desktop Analyst and CMH-IM Email Administrators are the calendar owners; “Editor” or those people that can setup/modify/delete appointments for themselves and others – the “owners” group can do this as well as the administrative assistants in CHR; and finally “Author” or those people that can setup/modify/delete appointments for themselves and no one else – CHR staff not owners or editors is grouped here.
- August 26, 2004: Calendar Owners and Editors can make/modify/or delete entries on your behalf if you are not available to do it yourself.
- August 26, 2004: However entries already made by you will not be modified by the Owners or Editors without prior consultation of the entry creator.
- August 26, 2004: Entries Format and Standardization
- August 26, 2004: Entries into the calendar are to be standardized and with a standardized format.
- August 26, 2004: The standardized format of the entries is as follows: on the subject line the LAST NAME is entered first followed by a comma, then the FIRST NAME is entered followed by a space then dash - then space then the reason for the absence using one of the two entry descriptions agreed upon from a CHR Management Meeting.
- August 26, 2004: Those two entry descriptions are: Working from Home, or Out of the Office
- August 26, 2004: If additional explanation or description is needed/desired use the body of the entry for that.
- August 26, 2004: Examples of entries:
- August 26, 2004: Doe, Jane - Out of Office for surveying
- August 26, 2004: Doe, John - Out of Office until 2:00p.m.
- August 26, 2004: Smith, Jane - Working from Home
- August 26, 2004: Smith, John - Out of Office at meeting from 11:00-1:00p.m.
- August 26, 2004: Williams, Jane - Out of Office for vacation
- August 26, 2004: Williams, John - Out of Office for emergency
- August 26, 2004: Usage
- August 26, 2004: This calendar is designed for individual usage and notification not for groups.
- August 26, 2004: This means that if Group X is leaving the building each individual of that group is to make an entry.
- August 26, 2004: For example Group X - Out of the Office for a Pizza party is not an appropriate entry.
- August 26, 2004: The reasoning behind that is not everyone knows who is a member of Group X.
Back to the top of the page