Tray Configuring for Canon ir3300 and Oce Devices
To: User’s of Canon ir3300 Printer/Copier/Fax/Scanners and similar model Oce devices
From: Chris De Espinosa, CMRC-IT Desktop Analyst
Date: August 26, 2004
Regarding: Printing from Trays #3 and #4
Date line Information
- August 26, 2004: This procedure is optional, but recommended for those who need to print to trays 3 and 4 where specialty size papers may be stored
- August 26, 2004: This procedure is not profile specific meaning that if one person who uses a computer shared among several people makes these changes, all users benefit from the change, not just the user making the changes.
- August 26, 2004: If you are connected to or print from a Canon ir3300 or similar Oce model device that has the optional trays 3 and 4 installed this procedure applies to you.
- August 26, 2004: By default only trays 1 and 2 are installed and accessible from the desktop computer.
- August 26, 2004: Trays 3 and 4 are optional hardware pieces and their configuration is not automatically detected by the desktop computer printing to it.
- August 26, 2004: To add trays 3 and 4 exit all applications first.
- August 26, 2004: Please note that a reboot for this procedure is not necessary upon completion.
- August 26, 2004: Click once on the START button, then click once on PRINTERS AND FAXES line, and then click once on the ir3300 printer or similar model Oce device to highlight it.
- August 26, 2004: Once the printer is highlighted RIGHT CLICK once on the printer to bring up the properties menu.
- August 26, 2004: LEFT CLICK once on the Properties line in the menu.
- August 26, 2004: The properties of the printer will display:
- August 26, 2004: Locate the Device Settings tab at the top of that window and select it by clicking once on it.
- August 26, 2004: Under Paper Source Options please click once in the box next to the line 2-Cassette Feeding Unit so that a check appears in that box.
- August 26, 2004: Trays #3 and #4 will now appear and appear accessible in the adjacent diagram.
- August 26, 2004: Legal paper in CHR is in tray #3, devices at other locations may have another paper size in that tray, and tabloid size paper in CHR is in tray #4, devices at other locations may have another paper size in that tray.
- August 26, 2004: Click once on the Form to Tray Assignment button and associate the right size paper to the appropriate tray for #3 and #4.
- August 26, 2004: Click on OK to accept your changes once they are completed correctly.
- August 26, 2004: If you do not follow this procedure to activate those trays from your workstation, manual printing from the manual paper feed tray is still available.
- August 26, 2004: If you have any problems with setting these trays up contact CMRC-IT and they will assist you.