Pritzker Research Library
Research center investigators wishing to retrieve the most up-to-date references available for a subject area on a regular basis can establish a current awareness profile:
- Using subject information and keywords you provide, the librarian will send references to journal articles (and other materials if needed) from selected databases.
- The searches are run on a monthly basis and sent electronically.
- If the results you receive are irrelevant to the topic of interest, the librarian will work with you to find a solution.
- You can cancel the service at any time.
- Be aware that the profile need not match your current area(s) of research, but can include any subject(s) for which current literature is needed.
Please call, email or visit the library with questions. Download the request form.
Cold Spring Harbor Protocols Online, which contains over 600 methods in molecular and cell biology, is available to all Children's Memorial personnel who are on campus.
Visit the Library Digital Bulletin Board often for new papers by research center authors.
Visit the Databases, Information and Links pages for web-based resources (most available for free).
Suggestion form for books or journals to add to the library collection.
To encourage reading for fun, the library has started a book exchange program called Read-cycle. Bring some books from your personal collection so that others will have the chance to read them. Pick up a book while you are in the library -- free!
Visit http://read-cycle.blogspot.com/ for postings of the latest books available.
General Library Information and Location
The Pritzker Research Library is located on the first floor of the Children's Memorial Research Center Halsted facility. The building is located one-half block from the main hospital near the corners of Lincoln Avenue, Halsted Street and Fullerton Avenue in Chicago, Illinois. Access is through Hospital Security; please call ahead if you wish to visit the Library.
Monday - Friday 7:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Closed Saturdays, Sundays and all major holidays
Interlibrary Loan: Need a journal article or book? Request an interlibrary loan by completing the Interlibrary Loan form. OR, email citations to .
Current Awareness Service: Wish to receive regular updates of literature on topics of interest? Request a Current Awareness Search by completing the form.
Funding Opportunities Service: Request a search of funding opportunities in your area of research by completing the form.
Peggy Murphy, MILS
Librarian and Manager, CMRC Communications
Pritzker Research Library
Children's Memorial Hospital
2300 Children's Plaza, no. 205
Chicago, IL 60614